Thursday 3 December 2009

What a start...

My first attempt to go "winter" climbing to day (I know its about 18 days until its proper winter) ended on the approach. Not a great sign if that is an indication on what's to come. When approaching make sure you are on the right side of the river. Any way a big storm came in, that would ended any further aspirations so the map miss reading did not hurt that much. 

Apart from that my physio therapie is moving along and I hope to be back in one piece well in time for real winter action kicks off.

Visualisation is a great way to prepare for future ventures in to the mountains. I keep pictures of my project as backgrounds on my laptops with lines indicated. And I just put up two printed papers with the topo of No Siesta on the wall next to my bed. Its a bit geeky but it works super good for me.