Monday, 6 September 2010

Latok is off! But a humanitarian effort is underway!

Given the fact that the Giri Giri boys had to much snow in July and its kept pouring down ever since my idea of trying Latok late in the season in order to find it in as dry conditions as possible kind off fell flat to the ground. So the trip is postponed until early May 2011.

But the main factor is off course the state of the country and the huge need for help. Together with my sponsors we have decided to try and shift the energy towards a humanitarian effort. We are still hammering out details and bouncing around ideas in order to figuring out how we best can put our energy and resources at work. This is great as I have Visa and tickets so I think given all the nice people are giving us climbers it would be great to be able to help out.